FriendUP HQ

Please visit the main source of project information on the FriendUP website:

Just Playing about

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ravi 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Ravi
    Participant

Hi everbody,

I am just playing around with the webapps and have a few questions.

I have been chucking stuff into iframes on the application but can only get access to certain sites, not others like google.com Is there something I have to do or are they blocked for some reason. I would assume its all HTML5 so should be fine, but lots of sites state no connection

I haved added a little player for soundcloud so can listen to podcast when work just using the iframe embed. The thing is a lot of the links when clicked go inside the app apply to the browser you are using and log you out of friendup. Just wondering if its to do with with the OS and have to chuck in a special rule. I am doing target=’_self’

Ravi
    Participant

Another thing, just got some html5 demos working and was trying to compile them for the store. It would run under friend create but then complied into package, dunno if thats supposed to act like an executable but was not opening once set as a package. Then tried to export to the store but it could not find the package and got error message.

Mabye its time I started to read the manual lmao

thomas
    Keymaster

Hi Ravi.

Great to see you playing around with it 🙂

A couple of sites block iframes due to security issues. We have used proxies that strips these headers as workaround a couple of times.

Also link targets to _self should work just fine. But again, sites might have javascripts that check is they are displayed in an iframe and these then usually traverse up the tree and try to change the href of the topmost parent. That is actually a thing we as developers would like to see limited by the browser but as far as I know there is no inbuilt limit – all we could try is setting the “parent” for our iframes to a custom variable and thus disabling access to its real parent (not sure if this would work though 😉 )

Hogne Titlestad
    Keymaster

Hey Ravi 🙂 Great to see you wrestling with the system – it will pay off for sure. Regarding packages. This is an experimental feature of Friend, and we haven’t completed this part yet. If you want to distribute your apps, there’s a tutorial on the Website drive at the back of the documentation. Otherwise, there will be updates to the beta server with a way to share applications in a different way.

We will post a tutorial on sharing apps soon. Just watch these forums, as we’re preparing a lot of other material as well.

Welcome to the forums by the way! 🙂

Ravi
    Participant

bit more fun

Got codepen working as an object makes it a good reference tool

Hogne Titlestad
    Keymaster

Very cool indeed. We’re working hard on v1.0.0, and this one will have the “Generate package”, and software installation functions enabled. This way, everyone on the server will be able to test your progress and play with these apps. Still not quite there – installation works locally (on my development machine), but there are some tweaks missing, like version update etc – and ofc testing.

Do you feel the documentation is working for you right now? Anything you miss that we ought to write more about?

Ravi
    Participant

Cannot wait for that! Sounds ace.

Documentation is great easy to digest. Still just playing about but learning the system more and more.

Ravi
    Participant

Command and Conquer HTML version 😛

Ravi
    Participant

Been working hard and got 18 apps on the way 😛 more to come

apps
    insta
    asd

Ravi
    Participant

Wondering if the shared feature is now working? So I can share a folder for other devs and people to use these apps. I saw in the manual need to do a .conf file for each on and do it .js instead of .jsx so you can do proper applications and permission universally. Just wondering how this process works. As see the package generator and thing but not been able to produce one now. Do I manully make the .conf file?

Hogne Titlestad
    Keymaster

Actually, the 1.0.0 branch of FriendUP has repository support. We haven’t enabled this yet – will do tomorrow. Then you will be able to create Friend packages and install them system wide. An administrator needs to validate the package, and after that, users will be able to install it.

Ofc, you can use shared disks, but then you will have to give out your username and password (not so sexy). So let’s see tomorrow when the team is at work 😀

Ravi
    Participant

Little test of youtube embed

Bit of social media in action

Working on more stuff, let me know when I can create those packages

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Ravi.

Ravi
    Participant

Adobe based image editor

Colour Scheme finder for webdesigners

Torrent Application

Convert you CSS to Pixel Art

100% Legal movie streaming site

More to come and shall be converting to apps on next release!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Ravi.

Hogne Titlestad
    Keymaster

Wow, really much going on! I’m working on making the repository – it should be in there by 1.0.1 – so you can distribute these to everyone. Really exciting stuff!

Ravi
    Participant

Hello,

Just a few quick ports.

This is Wikipedia (always useful) and Tunein which is great for podcasts and radio from around the world.

Next port is mixer which used to be called BEAM its the main competitor to Twitch.tv at the moment. Also Fullscreen working on this one

Here you go 🙂 – links to the files

https://nofile.io/f/2nXWDesCuNr/Apps.zip

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Ravi.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.